tgf message

Subject: FW: OASIS TGF - CANDIDATE OASIS STANDARD

I have just set up the approval ballot to move us onto an OASIS Standard so will voting members please watch your inboxes for voting details.

John

From: John Borras [mailto:johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 22 October 2012 10:20
To: 'TGF TC List'; 'Colin Wallis'; 'Chris Parker'
Subject: OASIS TGF - CANDIDATE OASIS STANDARD

On our TC call last week there was general consensus on the benefits of moving the Core Pattern Language Committee Specification onto a full OASIS Standard.  It’s only Committee Specs that can become OASIS Standards so we cannot apply this next step to the TGF Primer.  In the attached I’ve pulled together the relevant extracts from the TC procedures, together with advise from TC Admin on the sort of wording that would be appropriate for our Statements of Use, and 2 suggested Statements.

You will see that before we can make any progress we must secure at least 3 Statements of Use and at least one of these must come from an OASIS organisational member – note this does not include individual members.   I have drafted 2 sets of words in the attached, one that could be given by consultants and the like who are advising government agencies on how to deliver public services, and the second for use by government agencies who are actually using the TGF in the delivery of their services.  My wording is of course only for guidance and can be suitably amended to suit your circumstances.  So who can provide these Statements, can I suggest the following:

Statement 1 – Consultants

Chris – can you provide this on behalf of CST?

Nig – could you provide this on behalf of Fujitsu?  Note your primary rep has to submit it.

Hans – can you provide this on behalf of the EPR Forum?

Joe – could you provide this on behalf of your company?

Andy – would Socitm be prepared to provide a suitably worded Statement?

All – who else could provide such a statement?

Statement 2 – Government agencies

Chris – could you get NSW, Birmingham Council and/or some of your other clients to provide a Statement?

Colin – any chance NZ Gov could give a suitably worded Statement?

Arnaud – could you provide a Statement on behalf of SPFF?

All – do we know of any other agency that could provide such a statement?

Please note that Statements given by OASIS members can be posted to the TC list but Statements from non-OASIS members must be posted using the Comments facility on the TC Home page.

As soon as I have the necessary 3 Statements I will instigate the initial TC approval ballot.   In the meantime any further thoughts and suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Regards

John Borras

Chair OASIS TGF Technical Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745