tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf-comment] Comment on CS Transform

John,
Thank you for this statement of use of the TGF Core Patterns and the endorsement of CS Transform's work.

I will bring this to the attention of the committee responsible.

Regards,
Peter

Sent from my phone - Apologies for brevity and typos: it's hard writing on a moving planet

From: John.Worne@britishcouncil.org
Sent: 22-Nov-12 7:29
To: tgf-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [tgf-comment] Comment on CS Transform

To whom it may concern

The purpose of this “statement of use” is to explain how the British Council has worked with consulting firm CS Transform Limited to deploy key elements of the Transformational Government Framework (TGF) in helping to shape and deliver our organisation’s strategy.  References to the TGF are to the TGF Pattern Language Core Patterns Version 1.0 Committee Specification 01 dated 11 January 2012.

The British Council is the UK’s International body for educational and cultural relations.  We are a £750 million plus turnover organisation, working with millions of people every year in six continents and over 100 countries to create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and to build trust between them worldwide. We create opportunity by sharing English, education, the Arts, and helping to deliver on the UK’s commitment to International Development and sharing ways of living and organising society.

Over recent years, we have been going through a major programme of change, transitioning from a set of locally-driven and heterogeneous country strategies, to an integrated, organisation-wide strategy.  That strategy is focused on entrepreneurial growth – in both income earned and impact delivered – though in the face of declining grant funding from the UK government.

CS Transform Limited is a consulting firm appointed following competitive tender to a Strategic Consultancy Framework with the British Council, and through this framework we have contracted with CS Transform to deliver several strategic consulting assignments.  In delivering these assignments, CS Transform has deployed the TGF to help meet our needs.  For example:

  • CS Transform drew on TGF Core Pattern 8 (“Roadmap for Transformation”) when developing the British Council’s roadmap for transforming our global operations network
  • CS Transform used TGF Core Pattern 9 ( “Brand-led Service Delivery”) when advising the British Council on development of a brand-led approach to increasing the British Council’s profile and participation
  • CS Transform used the Benefits Mapping approach recommended by TGF Core Pattern 20 (“Benefits Realization”) to develop an overall benefit map showing how British Council inputs flow through to our programme outputs and ultimately to achievement of our strategic outcomes and organisational purpose.

This work has been of high quality and has made a significant strategic impact on our work.

Yours faithfully,

John Worne

Director Corporate HQ

British Council

10 Spring Gardens

SW1A 2BN

UK

The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We are a registered charity; 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland). We create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide.

This message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it. The British Council accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by software viruses and you are advised to carry out a virus check on any attachments contained in this message.