tgf message

Subject: Re: [tgf] Question re TGF Pattern Language Core COS01

You don't want to do that. The TC Process says that if you make changes to the COS, you start over with a new CSD.

The faster route would be to put it up for the ballot, approve and publish the OS, and then create an Errata with the links fixed. The process would be:

- Create an Errata draft as a Committee Specification Draft and a copy of the OS with applied errata to go with it. Put that out for 15 day public review.

- After the review, vote to approve it as an Approved Errata. We then publish the Approved Errata and the OASIS Standard with Approved Errata and update the Latest Version links to point to the OS with Approved Errata.

This is all covered under section 3.4.2 Public Review of a Candidate OASIS Standard. (Sorry to bore with a long email but want you to know your options...) Choices and timelines are:

1. Fix now as Non-Material Change, vote for CS, vote again to COS. The hit is about 3 weeks to get back where we are now.

2. Proceed with 60 day public review. *If* no comments received during the review, go to OS vote. *If* OS vote passes, publish OS and proceed with Errata. No hit timewise, some extra steps & time for you at the end.

3. Proceed with 60 day public review. *If* comments received on the broken links, request Sp Maj Vote to continue to OS vote anyway. If OS vote passes, continue with errata process. The hit is an extra 8 to 10 days while you take the steps to request the ballot, etc.

4. Proceed with 60 day public review. Proceed with OS vote. If OS vote fails to pass, go back to CSD stage and start again.

So, your safest option is to fix it now, incurring about another 3 weeks to work things through. The other options carry some risk, mainly of negative PR and possible impact on the OS vote. If you get through the OS vote ok, you can fix with the errata process after the OS is published.

Best,

/chet