tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] Action Item #0005 - TGF and ISO Standard on Governance

Peter

One of the options I want to discuss under agenda item 1 “the future” tomorrow is the whether we wish to take TGF into ISO after the COS vote.  If so then we should manipulate a fit with what you have suggested below.  I’m sure Jamie can advise us on how to take it all forward but having identified SC7/WG40 as the receiving entity for the TGF in ISO would be a big step forward.

Talk more tomorrow.

John

From: tgf@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:tgf@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Peter F Brown
Sent: 16 January 2013 03:02
To: 'TGF TC List'

Hi,

I have an open Action Item to “investigate mapping of TGF to ISO standard on governance”.

I have been in discussions with several members of the ISO/JTC1 SC7/WG40, responsible for the ISO 38500 standards on “Corporate Governance of IT” and the possible mapping of that work to our own TGF.

There could be a possibility of a new work item starting within the WG8 to do precisely this and I will be discussing this later this week (after our TC meeting unfortunately) with members of WG8 and its secretariat.

Further, having talked this over with OASIS’ own legal counsel and standards organizations liaison supremo, Jamie Clark, we could envisage the following specific actions:

-          The TGF TC requests observer status in SC7/WG40 (this is possible through OASIS ‘L’ Member status within JTC1). It is sufficient for our TC to make the request in a motion and OASIs staff will follow up;

-          The TC appoints someone to be the OASIS observer on WG40;

Once WG40 have decided whether or not to proceed with a new work item (this may be discussed already at the next F2F in Australia in March), we can see whether there would be support for an OASIS TC member (ideally the liaison/observer) to be considered as a scribe/editor for any new work. There is precedent for this: Patrick Durusau was appointed editor of the JTC1 work transcribing the OASIS ODF standard to ISO; and members of The Open Group have worked on delivering the UML to ISO.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Using Information Technologies to Empower and Transform

www.peterfbrown.com

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

Member of:

Follow me: