tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] CAMSS work - material for tomorrow's call

Peter

Thanks for sight of your draft document.  Before we get down to the detail tomorrow or subsequently there are two fundamental questions I think we have to address and answer in our proposals back to the TC so perhaps you can give them some thought before our call if you don’t already have the answers:

1.       Scope – CAMSS has not been made mandatory by the EC according to their website, it’s only recommended best practice if national administrations do not have their own assessment methodology.  So should we be looking to make this a formal specification, ie a set of patterns, or a best practice guide, ie a committee draft?  If the former what will be the conformance requirements, ie Must or Should?  If the EC is not willing to mandate this on European Member States then would we be going too far in mandating it on everyone who uses the TGF?

2.       Structure – you’ve said all along that the initial Core Patterns are extensible and that we would be producing additional patterns as the needs arise.  We have the Core Patterns as one set which are making their own way through the approvals process to OASIS standard.  If we produce further patterns for CAMSS and other aspects do you see them as an extension of the Core set, in which case we will have to produce a new version and start that complete set through the approvals process again, or are we looking at a new set which will make their own way through the approvals process?  If the latter then we will have to make it very clear to readers exactly what constitutes the “TGF standard”, ie it consists of a number of separate pattern documents, the core set and others. I’m just trying to be clear on what the final library of patterns will look like and set out that view now to avoid any misunderstandings and ensure conformance to the TGF is clear.

John

From: tgf@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:tgf@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Peter F Brown
Sent: 29 January 2013 22:48
To: tgf@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam][tgf] CAMSS work - material for tomorrow's call

Aside from the link to the original CAMSS material that I already posted,

https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/fpfis/mwikis/idabc-camss/index.php/Main_Page

you may want to take a look in advance of Wednesday’s call at the attached: it served as a simple “demo” and walk-through of what we might envisage, when I talked to staff in the European Commission last Fall.

Cheers,

Peter

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Using Information Technologies to Empower and Transform

www.peterfbrown.com

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

Member of:

Follow me: