tgf message

Subject: TGF Core Patterns ballot

Hi,

I’ll be joining the call today probably from a taxi to the airport, so wanted to capture a couple of ideas in writing and offer some wording for a possible motion.

As there were votes against (any number from 1 to 25% of the total votes cast) in the ballot that closed last week to approve the TGF Core Patterns as an OASIS Standard, we will need a formal decision of the TC in order to comply with the TC Process, indicating how we wish to proceed.

The way that the TC Process is worded suggests that we simply “ignore” any negative votes if we want to reaffirm our support and have the work approved as a Standard. We have all seen the numerous exchanges on this and I want us to approve our work at the same time as acknowledge some of the problems that need addressing even if they are not of our making.

I know John has some excellent ideas regarding the latter and will propose that the issues be referred to the Board for discussion (we will actually discuss it in the Board tomorrow) so for now I just want to propose the formal motion that we need to adopt:

Motion:

“The TGF TC notes the result of the recent ballot to approve the “TGF Pattern Language – Core Patterns” as an OASIS Standard and the existence of negative votes in that ballot. In line with the TC Process, the TGF TC reaffirms its support for the Candidate OASIS Standard and instructs the chair to request the TC Administrator to conduct the necessary Special Majority vote required to formally reaffirm this support."

Best regards and talk later,

Peter

cid:image001.jpg@01CE0F64.C0141190

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

”Using Information Technologies to Empower and Transform”

200 S Barrington Ave., #49719

Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

www.PeterFBrown.com