tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] Results of the OS ballot and next steps for the TC

Chet

The TC has met today and wishes to approve the specification as submitted
despite the negative votes so will you proceed please with the Special
Majority ballot accordingly.  The draft minutes containing the approved
motion are at
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tgf/document.php?document_id=4
9035 .

If there are any problems with this please get back to me asap.

Regards
John Borras

Chair OASIS TGF Technical Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745
Skype:  gov3john
www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=tgf

-----Original Message-----
From: tgf@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:tgf@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf
Of Chet Ensign
Sent: 26 April 2013 13:19
To: tgf@lists.oasis-open.org

Members of the TGF TC,

The ballot to approve Transformational Government Framework (TGF) Pattern
Language Core Patterns Version 1.0 as an OASIS Standard has closed. The
ballot received 60 yea votes (82%) and 13 nay votes (18%). You can review
the results of the ballot at
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=2393.

Because the ballot received negative votes accounting for less than 25% of
the total votes cast, the TC must now take additional action. In section
3.4.3, Balloting for OASIS Standard approval, it reads:

"However, if negative votes are cast amounting to less than 25 percent of
the votes that have been cast, the TC shall be notified of the negative
votes, after which the TC shall have 30 days to take one of the following
actions by Resolution of a Special Majority Vote: (a) request the TC
Administrator to approve the specification as submitted despite the negative
votes; (b) withdraw the submission entirely; or (c) submit an amended
specification, in which case the amended submission shall be considered as
if it were a new submission, except that information regarding previous
votes and any disposition of comments received in previous votes shall
accompany the amended submission. If the originating TC upon notification of
negative votes takes no formal action within the 30 days allocated for
consideration of the results, then the specification shall not become an
OASIS Standard." (See
https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#cos-Submission-bal
lotingOS)

Please pass a Resolution to request a Special Majority Vote for whichever
option you choose and send me a link to the minutes or to the resolution
ballot.  I will await word from the TC on how you wish to proceed.

Thanks & let me know if you have any questions on these next steps.

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298