tgf message

Subject: Fw: comment resolution for the "Keyword Guidelines for OASIS Specifications and Standards"

Jacques

Thanks for taking on board our comments.  The new draft looks much better.
Regards,
John

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Jacques Durand <JDurand@us.fujitsu.com>
To: John Borras <johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, 10 January 2014, 19:56

Dear John:
Your comment below on the “Keyword Guidelines for OASIS Specifications and Standards” has been hopefully addressed in the attached draft (see diffs).
Your comment:
Whilst I'm sure this new document will be welcomed by members, authors and editors alike, I do have a concern about some of the language used throughout the document. In the Introduction, and then throughout, the focus is to "lead to interoperable applications from different vendors." I would point out that this is not the focus of all OASIS Standards, for example see the Transformational Government Framework produced by my committee, and therefore would ask that you make the focus somewhat more general. The keyword guidelines are appropriate to these non-technical type standards and making the guidelines more general would avoid any confusion in those TCs.”
If not, please let us know.
Best Regards,
-jacques Durand
OASIS TAB chair