tgf message

Subject: Candidates for OASIS TGF TC liaison to JTC1/SC40 and OASIS expert to JTC1 Smart Cities Study group

As per my action item on the last call, this is an update regarding two functions:

-          (outbound) liaison to JTC 1/SC40 “IT Services Management and IT Governance”;

-          Participation on behalf of OASIS as an expert to the JTC 1 Study Group on Smart Cities.

SC40: The liaison role requires that the person reports *from* our TGF TC *to* the JTC 1 SC40 (SC40 will do the same thing – nominate someone responsible for reporting from SC40 into the OASIS TGF TC). Only one F2F meeting is foreseen in 2014, 10-13 June in Sydney and there are approx. 2-monthly conference calls too. Reports can be done in writing and on the regular calls and not necessarily at the face-to-face meetings. OASIS Staff will normally follow up with the SC secretariat regarding the official nomination and processes.

Smart Cities SG: study groups (like working groups within JTC 1 SC’s) are made up of individual “experts” nominated by national bodies and by liaison organizations. In this situation, OASIS as a whole is a liaison organization (and not the TGF TC). Each expert participates and acts on their own, they are *not* representing the organization that nominates them. It is possible that other OASIS TCs may be interested in this area of work and so it is possible that the person(s) designated from OASIS may be determined by staff – but, obviously, based on interest, relevance and volunteering!

From the various discussions I’ve heard so far, Chris Parker has expressed an interest in being nominated by OASIS as an expert to the Smart Cities Study Group and Nig Greenaway also expressed an interest.

For the SC40 Liaison, Oliver Bell has been suggested so far (although Oliver himself has not yet confirmed nor accepted this suggestion)

If others want to put their names forward, please drop a note to John Borras or to the list – we will discuss this at our meeting on Thursday

Regards,

Peter

cid:image001.jpg@01CE0F64.C0141190

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

CIPP/IT

”Using Information Technologies to Empower and Transform”

200 S Barrington Ave., #49719

Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

www.PeterFBrown.com