tgf message

Subject: INTERNET OF THINGS

 Hmm, yet another "latest thing" and new buzz words but what does it all mean for the TGF?

Colin mentioned on the TC call on Wednesday work going on in ISO/JTC1 and IEEE around the IoT and having looked at both sites it seems that everyone is still trying to define what the IoT is all about, what standards are required, what frameworks and architectures are required, etc etc.  But I may be a little cynical in that assessment!

So back to the basic question, what does it all mean for the TGF and what work do we need to undertake?  It all seems to be very much about how best to use emerging technologies and therefore out of scope of the TGF but am I right on that?  Is OASIS doing anything on this in other TCs?

Can I have your views and suggestions please.  If necessary I'll include a discussion on the next TC meeting.

John