tgf message

Subject: Re: [tgf] APQC - Process Classification Frameworks

I'm in more-or-less the same place as Chris on this one.  I did look at AQPC a few years ago when I was at Lancaster University (one of their PCFs is for Education), but didn't take it anywhere as I felt that there was a danger of it stifling any innovation.  The idea of a standard process framework setting out "best practice" can be useful for things like purchase-to-pay processes, things that are well-understood and unlikely to change until a genuine paradigm shift of some sort shows up, but trying to apply it to something where innovation is not only still possible but probably inevitable is misguided in my view.

Regards,
Mark