tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] TGF IOT Paper

+1..

But I have read it a couple of times.. and concur.

I think Nig’s references are OK in the Introduction, (which itself is fine for a CN, but could be a little bit ‘tighter’).

Security and Privacy together..yep.. thanks Nig..that helps the flow.

I’ve been giving some thought to the Conclusion as well.

It’s kind of needs to say something along the lines of..

Public Sector org leaders need to be vigilant in looking for onboarding instances of IoT and be proactive in applying GRC policies.

The onset of IoT is unlikely to be linear – it will be lumpy – so forward capacity planning is essential.

Getting it wrong can quickly impact organizational operations and reputation.

IoT presents, not necessarily a new range of challenges, but extends the existing ones far along the continuum.

Examples are:

·         partnership relationships moving from primarily 1:1, to federated/many to many;

·         unprecedented amounts of data to manage and make (increasingly automated decisions from);

·         complexity of networks, devices and apps arising from the burgeoning availability of sensors

·         exposure to a greater vector of security and privacy risks arising from the sheer number of end points to apply governance to

The TGF patterns  mapped to the impact ‘pain-points’ in Section 3 of this CN, give leaders a way to bring IoT onto the Governance agenda, and proactively managed.

Sort of OK?

Cheers

Colin