tgf message

Subject: FW: Info Only FW: Identity of Things DG & IBM concepts

Folks

I don't necessarily agree with everything here, but it has some good insights IMHO..

..and some potential learnings for our constituents should we wish to/be able to reference this..

The 2 page Exec Summary at the front doesn’t do the rest of the doc justice IMHO.. the Gold is further back.

(Full attribution to IBM, and Kantara's IoT Discussion Group and my mates at Deutsche Telekom Labs .. :-))

Cheers
Colin

From: Ingo.Friese@telekom.de
To: dg-idot@kantarainitiative.org
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 11:26:54 +0200
Subject: [DG-IDoT] FW: Identity of Things DG & IBM concepts

Dear All,

I promised last time to send around IBM whitepaper and links about IoT.  Sorry for the delay L

I like the paper because it shows also some critical points like broken business model, lack of functional value, privacy etc.

Other interesting points are:

-          They foresee p2p infrastructure as a predominant topology (like we talked about nodes and super – nodes in our last call)

-          They describe quite good a trust-concept I mentioned last time  in our call  block chains

-          And also very interesting is the idea of trustless-p2p messaging

Ingo

The 2015 IBV Study on Internet of Things - Device Democracy:

http://ibm.biz/DeviceDemocracy

(This takes you to the landing page, the link to the full paper is on the right hand side of the page)

Some of the Related Press Coverage:

http://gigaom.com/2014/09/09/check-out-ibms-proposal-for-an-internet-of-things-architecture-using-bitcoins-block-chain-tech/

http://venturebeat.com/2014/08/24/the-internet-of-things-will-cost-companies-more-than-theyre-ready-for/

http://qz.com/269812/five-ways-the-internet-of-things-is-already-broken-and-how-to-fix-it/

 Kind regards
Ingo Friese

Deutsche Telekom AG
T-Labs (Research & Innovation)
Dipl.-Ing. Ingo Friese
Winterfeldtstr. 21, 10781 Berlin
+4930835358148 (Phone)

+49391580216849 (Fax)

E-Mail: ingo.friese@telekom.de

www.telekom.com

Life is for sharing.

DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG
Supervisory Board: Prof. Dr. Ulrich Lehner (Chairman)
Board of Management: Timotheus Höttges (Chairman),
Reinhard Clemens, Niek Jan van Damme, Thomas Dannenfeldt,

Dr. Thomas Kremer, Claudia Nemat
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Bonn HRB 6794
Registered office: Bonn

Big changes start small – conserve resources by not printing every e-mail.