tgf message

Subject: New deliverable - mapping of TGF to ISO 38500 standards

Hi John, all,

I’m not going to make it for our call later – I just got back this morning from South America and I’m ready to drop.

However: I have made good progress on the draft of the new Committee Note even if I and my laptop ran out of battery on the flight home last night/this morning.

There will be no new substance in the document, mainly because we have to be careful with OASIS IPR rules which prevent us from submitting any material to JTC 1 unless it’s an approved standard. As agreed with OASIS Counsel, the note will be a short 3-4 page recap of what TGF and ISO 38500 are about, with pointers to the approved documents, and some initial discussion points regarding mapping and use of the TGF structure of “patterns” in future JTC 1 work. The objective is not to submit new work – but rather to raise the points that merit discussion within JTC 1/SC40, the body working on Governance of IT questions.

I should have a complete draft ready tomorrow and will circulate it for a round of comments. If there are no concerns, I will ask to put it directly to a TC ballot asap. It does *not* require a public review.

Best regards,

Peter