tgf message

Subject: Update on BSI and PAS181

Peter   cc TGF TC

At the last TC meeting I  took an action to check in with BSI on their discussions with ISO about PAS181 and other UK smart city standards.

They were interested to know about the TGF heading towards JTC1 for mapping against ISO/IEC 38500, and have asked me to keep them in touch.

From BSI’s side, they have been approached by ISO TC 268, smart and sustainable communities, to submit PAS 181 as a future work item for an international standard.  They will be discussing this at their June meeting, in Grasmere. BSI have also had discussion with ITU along the same lines, and one possibility is that it could go forward as a joint ISO/ITU initiative in some way to reduce the number of conflicting international smart city standards initiatives. BSI say they are very open to discussion about involvement with us as this goes forward.

I have a meeting set up on 5 May – so if there are any relevant developments ahead of that, please let me know.  Similarly, if you or colleagues have thoughts on the implications of the ISO TC 268 interest, please shout.

All the best,

Chris Parker

Managing Partner

CS Transform Limited