tgf message

Subject: TGF Timeline of Deliverables

Hi all,

My apologies for the late posting of this: attached you will find a summary overview of the state of progress of our deliverables.

Unless a new work item is proposed – or a new version of an existing product is proposed – there are only four possible actions for our TC to take:

(1)    Advance the eHealth profile v2 CND to a CN – requires a TC vote to conduct a Special Majority Vote approval (conducted by TC Administration) – that vote can be taken today if the meeting achieves quorum

(2)    Advance the core TGF v2 CS to an OASIS Standard – requires 3 Statements of Use; A “Candidate Standard” review period; and membership-wide ballot – we still do not have the requisite minimum of such statements

(3)    Consider some form of cooperation with ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC40 regarding the “mapping” exercise between TGF and ISO 38500 – this would be “new territory” for OASIS (and JTC 1) and it is not clear yet what such a product might look like: next week JTC 1/SC40 meets in Brazil and will discuss a possible “technical report”: if the proposal to advance work on this is approved, we could, as a TC and together with OASIS staff, decide what parts of the TGF could be fairly used in that JTC 1 work item.

(4)    If and when the TGF v2 is approved as an OASIS Standard (and this itself may be influenced by the work in JTC 1/SC40), it could then be considered for submission to JTC 1, as it stands, to become an ISO Standard. The responsibility for its future maintenance can be retained by the TC and OASIS, or handed over to JTC 1. A pre-requisite to this is (2) above

I hope this helps the discussion later

Best regards,

Peter

cid:image001.jpg@01CE0F64.C0141190

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

CIPT

”Using Information Technologies to Empower and Transform”

200 S Barrington Ave., #49719

Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278

www.PeterFBrown.com