tgf message

Subject: Request for new items

Hi all,

It has been a very busy few months for all of us, in our different areas of work and interest. In that time, the future of the TGF TC has probably not been in the forefront of our thoughts, workplans or considerations – but it has always been there, somewhere, in the background!

I have received a couple of emails over the last period asking about when a next meeting of the TC would take place – but I can’t really answer that without any specific items to discuss – hence my reluctance to set a date and an agenda.

As you are all aware, the only open item regards the possible progression of the current TGF v2 committee specification to the status of OASIS Standard – but that has still not received the minimum number of statements of use, required to take the next step. And even then, we should not under-estimate the work involved in getting a candidate standard through the member ballot, handling any comments or negative votes received and getting us over the finishing line.

As such, unless I receive, before the end of the month,  a specific, tractable, proposal for further work AND a volunteer to step up as Chair of the TC, I would like to suggest that we “declare victory” with the great number of deliverables that we have achieved to date, celebrate this fact and ask the OASIS TC Administration to do the necessary to close our TC.

With best regards to one and all,

Peter

Interim Chair, TGF TC

cid:image001.jpg@01CE0F64.C0141190

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Certified Privacy professional (CIPT)

Member, Institute of Directors

”Using Information Technologies to Empower and Transform”

www.PeterFBrown.com

cid:image003.png@01D05D93.A0CA42D0

cid:image004.png@01D05D93.A0CA42D0

cid:image005.png@01D05D93.A0CA42D0