tgf message

Subject: Re: [tgf] TGF TC meeting 16. of May: Advice in the standardization process for OSIS TGF v2 !

Hans, thank you for resending. Your original message did not reach me. If you trouble again, please make sure I know so that I can bring it to Scott's attention here.

In any case, it sounds like you are well on the way to advancing TGF v2.0. Three SoUs and one from an OASIS member is sufficient for the next steps. Here is the process.

1. Request a Special Majority Vote to approve submitting the specification to the OASIS membership as a Candidate OASIS Standard (COS). Please use this ticket to assign that to me: https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/candidate-oasis-standard-submission-request

2. After that ballot passes, I will prepare the Candidate OASIS Standard and send it out for its 60 day public review. The TC will need to handle this like any other public review, acknowledging any comments received, deciding what to do in response, preparing a comment resolution log, etc.

3. After that public review, if no comments have been received, I will start the approval ballot. If comments are received, there are additional steps to be taken and we'll discuss those then as necessary. The TC will have to take additional steps but so long as no substantive changes appear to be needed, the TC will be able to move to the vote.

4. After the membership ballot closes, if the conditions for approval are met, I will announce and publish the OASIS Standard. Right now, the rules call for 15% of the OASIS Organizational Members to vote in favor (currently that equals 40). However, the OASIS Board is considering a change to the rules that make alter that rule so the process may be slightly different.

Let me know if this answers all your questions.

Best,

/chet