tgf message

Subject: Reaffirming the TGF TC charter and chair

Hi all,
It has been a while since last meeting, but the implementations of the OASIS TGF service standard and template modelling and processing methodology (based on OASIS CAM & BCM standards with adapting and using the CAM editor and definition of IoT basic library elements and scenario workflow templates) has been in focus for the eHealth and home care services in coordinating both public and private sector. This work has now been implemented in the Scandinavian market with success and proof of concept for some years already. If this will be of interest for the TC I will come back to this important template processing and modelling methodology through GDPR compliant cloud services. (See www.IoTastic.eu )

As you might be aware the OASIS Board of Directors undertook a review of the TC process and related policies in an effort to streamline and modernize how we work at OASIS. This included a requirement to review our charter and elect our chair as explained by the TC Administrator in https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/chairs/202101/msg00000.html

What does this mean for the TGF TC?

First, we need to (re)elect our TC Chair.

Second, we need to decide whether to continue under our charter as it stands, clarify it by addressing any ambiguities or open-ended statements in the scope, expand our scope and recharter, or close the TC.

Please continue on below for the steps I propose we take to satisfy this requirement.

1. Chair

In accordance with the new TC process, TC chairs must be appointed every two years. We will now enter a "nomination window" running for seven days from now to <date 7 days from now>. TC members may nominate candidates (including themselves) by email to the TC primary mailing list. I am happy to continue serving as a TC chair.

After 7 days, if there are 1 or fewer nominations, I will send an email asking for objections to unanimous approval of the chair(s). If there are 3 or more candidates, I will start a ballot to elect 2 co-chairs.

2. Charter

The TC still operates under its original charter from 2010 that can be found at https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tgf/charter.php.

Please take a moment to review the charter and share any comments with your fellow TC members on the list. Again, our choices are to affirm the charter as is, clarify the charter to remove ambiguity or narrow the scope (this requires a Special Majority Vote run by the TC Administrator), or recharter to expand the scope or deliverables (also requires a SMV and a restart of the TC). I feel that we can continue under the charter as it stands.

If a consensus emerges to clarify or recharter, I will work with TC Administration on the appropriate next steps. If the consensus seems to be to continue with the charter as it stands, I will circulate a call for objections to doing so.

Thank you for your thoughts and help in addressing these new requirements.

Best regards

--
Hans A. Kielland Aanesen
CEO EPR-forum/tGov (Standardization work and IoT and Workflow templating)