Subject: [tm-pubsubj-comment] [topicmaps-comment] referring to a topic fromoutside a TM -- PURL

| May be the coming OASIS member section may provide a persitistent
| *hosting* (not redirection) of PSI sets. This would work.

I'm not very happy with that idea. This leads us back into the old
centralised "Regististration Authority" way of doing things, which is
resource-intensive and easily becomes a bottleneck. It's much better
if people can define their own PSIs without having to confer with
anyone else about it.

[SSH]

I am strongly convinced that a centralized registration, especially
at Oasis will never scale. Much work goes into the update and
maintenance of subject headings and I don't think anyone in this
group wants to take on this task even if you are
allowing/requiring/suggesting that those doing the registration keep
up with their own.

---Suellen
Suellen Stringer-Hye
Jean and Alexander Heard Library