Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj-comment] Re: data vs doc

* Lars Marius Garshol

| What's the point of this? Why can't you just have a single URI? I
| don't understand this. Having multiple subject identifiers for a
| single subject is the Wrong Thing.

* Bernard Vatant

| Alas ... the real world is full with wrong things :))

That's certainly true! :-)

| Take the following highly probable scenario:
|
| Publisher A has set a PSD following PubSubj recommendations, with
| one PSI by subject.  Publisher B, not aware of Publisher A, has done
| the same in the same domain.

Sure, but that's completely different from what I was talking about:
publisher A defining two indicators for each published subject.  Once
you are in that situation (and we will be, of course), then what you
say is eminently reasonable. We're just talking about different
situations.

* Lars Marius Garshol

| [subject-with-two-indicators
|  @"http://psi.example.com/foo/bar";
|  @"http://psi.ontopia.net/urghle/burghle";]

* Bernard Vatant

| Where do you put that topic map? Part of the PSD? In the Subject
| Indicator? Or where?

ISSUE 27: Declarations of PSI equivalence

Mappings between PSI sets can be defined using topics which use
subject indicators from both sets to express the equivalences. The
problem is that subject indicators cannot be scoped, so anyone using
this topic map will have their topics merged whether they agree with
the mapping or not. The question then becomes: where in a PSD should
such mappings be declared?

Proposal:
If the equivalences are part of the definitions of the published
subjects, include them with the other Subject Formal Assertions[1].
If they are not part of the subject definitions include them
separately from the core SFAs in order to let users choose whether to
apply them or not.

[1] We have to change this term. It must be Frenglish or something. :)