Subject: [tm-pubsubj-comment] An idea

None of us seem to be entirely satisfied with how phone conferences
work, in part because signal quality often makes it difficult to even
hear what people are saying. Another problem is that phone conferences
are expensive, and someone, i.e. Mondeca, has to pay for them.

It just struck me that there might be a simpler and cheaper
alternative: IRC. Why not just schedule a time and a server/channel
where we can meet, and have the meeting there?

Benefits:

 - it's free,

 - you can always hear what people say,

 - you always know who is saying what,

 - you can always see who is present, and

 - we can automatically produce a transcript of the meeting.

Finding a free server/channel is no problem, and the only difficulty
would really be to help people install and set up an IRC client, which
I hereby volunteer to do. Using it is no harder than to use the web or
email, really.

Thoughts?