Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] Re: TC Website reorganization, and drafts update

* Mary Nishikawa

| For example, if Schlumberger were to implement topic maps, I do not
| think that we would go through the trouble and expense to create
| specialized xml documents to provide addressable resources for the
| same reasons you pointed out. There are generic PSIs that we would
| use though.

My feeling is that the main cost will be in arriving at a well
thought-out set of subjects and text clearly documenting them, and
that once that's done the task of typing it in, or converting it from
some other format is going to be minor.

| I would guess that the most common general use case would be PSI
| sets created with one or more SDD documents in html with fragment
| identifiers for each subject in the resource.

I am not so sure of that. In fact, I was fairly firmly convinced that
PSDs would usually be published in XTM form, in order to be maximally
useful. Why do you think HTML is to be preferred?

| So I think that I agree with you here.  I think that another
| interesting use case is how subjects in html, xhtml, or xml files
| are "annotated" in W3C's Annotea. I wondered how this would fit in
| with our recommendations.

That is an interesting thought. I am not sure where it goes, though.

--Lars M.