Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] Requirements Part 1 - Final draft

Bernard Vatant wrote:

> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/docs/requirements/part1.htm
>
> Hope it's final ... Some remarks
>
> I have used throughout the latest version of terminology.
>
> -- "published subjects documentation" (was "published subject documentation")
>
> -- "subject definition resource" (was "subject definition document")
> For that one, according to Murray, we should use "subject definition addressable
> resource", but I figure it is heavy and over-accurate. I would suggest to keep the simpler
> wording, and make sure that its definition in the glossary makes it clear that "resource"
> in that expression means "addressable resource".
[...]

That's the way I'd do it too.

> #5 - Replaced "URI that is the subject indicator reference" by "URIs used as subject
> indicator references"
>
> #6 - Replaced "which URIs shall be used to address the published subject documentation"
> by "which URIs shall be used to address the subject definition resources"
[...]
> #11 Replaced "URIs are used to establish published subjects" by "URIs are used to identify
> published subjects". I did not figure why we had put "establish" there.
>
> Please review in details

The only comment I have is that you need to maintain the distinction
between "URI" and "URI Reference". The URI is the string, the URI reference
is the string used in context as a reference to something else (I think
that's basically it). I can't remember which RFC describes this, but the
W3C has attempted to clarify some of the issues:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/uri-clarification/

Murray

Murray Altheim                         <mailto:murray.altheim&#x40;sun.com>
XML Technology Center, Java and XML Software
Sun Microsystems, Inc., MS MPK17-102, 1601 Willow Rd., Menlo Park, CA 94025

            Corporations do not have human rights, despite the
          altogether too-human opinions of the US Supreme Court.