Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] ebXML Liaison

Scott, Christina

That's really interesting. ebXML registries would provide indeed challenging use cases for
published subjects.
We definitely have to develop that kind of liaison, and a joint meeting in Seattle would
be a great idea.
This is the planning so far, for information of all cc people.

-- TopicMaps.Org meeting (that means, coordination for the prospective OASIS Member
Section) on Wednesday 13 afternoon.

-- Thursday 14 is already very busy, with meetings of Published Subjects TC, plus first
F2F for the two new TCs GeoLang and XMLVoc. Those two are in the process of constitution,
they will focus on development of published subjects for respectively Countries&Languages
and XML Technologies. Basically, most TM "bright lights" will attend part or all of those
meetings - Christina, bring your sunglasses ;-)

That lets us with Friday 15, basically, meaning that we have to find meeting facilities if
we want something formal.
Since you have sort of kicked-off the liaison, Scott, would you mind taking the
organization of this meeting in charge (since we have so many people from your corporation
around, maybe Boeing could provide some sponsorship ...) or do you want me to care about
it with OASIS staff?

I cc to Kathryn Breininger, chair of OASIS ebXML Registry TC. She happens to be also from
Boeing, so I suppose you know each other - although Boeing is a big corporation ... If we
could have people from this or other ebXML TCs at this meeting, it would be great.

Thanks again for your interest. Stay tuned.

Bernard Vatant - Consultant
Mondeca - "Making Sense of Content"
www.mondeca.com
bernard.vatant@mondeca.com