Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] Recommendations for PubSubj Documentation - version0.2

I think this draft is still *very* rough and incomplete, but it does
represent a step forward. It seems that the next issue for us to
decide is that of recommended syntax for the PSD and SDRs. I think we
should recommend a syntax, but also to derive some syntax-independent
general guidelines. We're not there yet, though.

 - section 1, para 1 says "subjects (reified by topics)", but should
   say "represents" instead. Reification is a special kind of
   representation, and the general relationship between topics and
   their subjects is one of representation.

 - the term "published subjects documentation" seems to be awkward to
   use in prose, which makes me think we should change it. One way
   would be to add "set", "module", or "package" at the end. That
   would make it fit much more naturally into sentences.

 - section 2 I think should be replaced by explanatory text that
   clearly establishes the meaning of each term and its relationship
   to the others. An alphabetically ordered glossary is very hard to
   learn from, and in any case unnecessary in a hypertext world.

 - most of the definitions in section 2 I think are also too brief.

 - section 3.1: this is much too brief. We need to go into the why,
   and also the how.

 - section 3.2: again much too brief. Also, much of this information
   is not useful unless it is provided in machine-processable form.

 - section 3.3.2: yes, and this syntax should be XTM.

 - annex A: I think this ought to be the main part of the
   recommendation. Why do you want to push this out into the
   periphery?

--Lars M.