Subject: [tm-pubsubj] Topic Maps - ebXML joint meeting Seattle March 15

Folks

Now that we seem to be on the same page :))
I've restarted a specific thread concerning the possible ebXML - Topic Maps Published
Subjects joint meeting in Seattle.
We have to figure if we really need a formal meeting, or if we could otherwise set
something more informal, like a BOF session during Knowledge Technologies conference.

David Welsh*
> Meeting location for March 15th could be downtown Seattle,
> but I'm not sure we'll have any CC folks there; and we may find
> that a few folks may be on their way to Barcelona
> for the CEFACT meetings that start on the 18th.

I'm also a little afraid of people flying off on or before Friday. As said before, Topic
Maps people will have a joint session on Wednesday 13 afternoon, and *three* TCs are
meeting on Thursday 14 ... we'll be fully booked from morning to certainly late at night.
I'm afraid some of us will have enough of it and won't feel like meeting again on Friday
morning, although we are basically tough guys as far as meeting and debating is concerned

So what I suggest is to have a BOF session "ebXML Registry - Topic Maps Published
Subjects" at lunch time on Monday or Tuesday, figure out if we need to set something more
formal, and how many people we would have available on Friday in that case.

Does that make sense?

To be more technical, and try to scope this meeting: My view of things, in a nutshell, is
that ebXML Registry is a ready-made use case for Published Subjects. For those not updated
on the arcanes of Published Subjects, the quickest way to it is maybe to have a look at
ongoing working documents, mainly the draft TC recommendation (still rough at the angles
and in the making).
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/docs/recommendations/psdoc.htm

Comments etc ... as usual.

Thanks for your attention