Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] Jan 29 agenda

At 01:36 AM 1/28/2002 +0100, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

>* Bernard Vatant
>|
>| 1. Membership status.
>
>Why don't we just solve this via email? Surely TC procedure allows us
>enough latitude to do that?

Agreed.

>| * We have no news from Ted Cooper, who has not attended the two last
>| meetings.  Following OASIS rules, we have to terminate his voting
>| membership, unless he shows up.
>
>Actually, the guidelines only recommend it. I'd send him an email, and
>terminate him if he doesn't reply.
>
>| * Scott Tsao has been a prospective member since November 30.
>| He should be confirmed as a voting member after 60 days. That means
>| ... on the day of the co-call, give or take one.  I will propose to
>| accept Scott as a voting member from the beginning of the meeting,
>| so that he has an opportunity to vote.
>
>I accept that, although I have no vote. :-)

Agreed.

>| 2. Requirements Part 1
>| We have to go through a final review, and vote to approve the document.
>| http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/docs/requirements/part1.htm
>| Note : I've added "subject identifier" to the list of terms to be defined.
>
>Surely this too can be done via email?

Initial brief feedback would speed up things.   I also comment now because
it will be easier than at the meeting, since it will start at 2 AM for me,
but with all the lively topics, I don't think that I will be falling back
to sleep  ;-)

subject
subject indicator  (is the resource)
subject identifier   (don't need, confusing to have)
subject indicator reference (attribute of xlink:href pointing to subject
indicator)
publisher
published subject
subject definition resource (I'd rather use the term published subject
indicator instead of  subject definition resource; I like the definition in
XTM plus the idea that the "advertising" is being done with the published
subjects documentation.)
published subjects documentation

Sorry for being difficult.

>| 3. Terminology
>| We *have to* achieve final agreement on terminology before moving forward.
>| IMO we are almost there. See last additions at
>|
>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/docs/recommendations/psdoc.htm
>| and Lars Marius document
>
>In that case I think we should start here and keep going until we have
>consensus or get stuck. This is the kind of stuff it's easier to do
>via phone than email.

Agreed. Let's do it at the meeting.

>| 4. Revision of Charter
>| The wording of the charter needs certainly to be revisited to use
>terminology conformant
>| with 3.
>| I will post a proposal by tomorrow.
>
>Why not wait until we've agreed on the terminology? It should be
>possible to accept the changes via email?

Agreed. If you post we can review and comment on it.

>| 5. Content of deliverable 1
>| What should be added/modified/deleted in the current draft (in terms of
>general structure)
>| In particular what should be the "core" recommendation and what should
>be "annex" (e.g.
>| examples)
>
>Hmmmm. This one seems difficult to discuss, but it seems that it's
>worth spending time on it. This is the area that is the most vague,
>and so the one that will benefit the most from discussion.

We should have time to spare to discuss this one.

>| 6. Published subjects documentation format(s):
>| A. Should TC recommend a single specific format for published subjects
>documentation? If
>| yes, which one?
>| B. If no, should we list recommended formats? If yes, which ones?
>|
>| We *have to* agree on A (IMO, the answer is "no" ...)
>| We should agree on B (IMO, the answer is "yes" ...)
>
>This is also good stuff to discuss, I agree. I'll try to play the role
>of devil's advocate there.

This will be a lively debate.

>| 7. If we are left with some time, figure out what use cases we
>| should consider as examples.  (see Scott recent proposal on RDDL)
>
>I'll consider us very lucky if we get here. :-)

Scott, why don't you write up something for us to look over carefully next
time.

-- Mary