Subject: RE: [tm-pubsubj] Jan 29 agenda

Mary Nishikawa
>>| 7. If we are left with some time, figure out what use cases we
>>| should consider as examples.  (see Scott recent proposal on RDDL)
>>
>>I'll consider us very lucky if we get here. :-)
>Scott, why don't you write up something for us to look over carefully next
time.

Yes, I intend to write something down (not up :-) regarding how people (like
me) intending to adopt RDDL could make good use of the TM PubSubj
recommendation.

By the way, I just finished reading Bernard's latest update of our
recommendations
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/docs/recommendations/psdoc.
htm) with the following comments (Sections 2 & 3 only):
1) Thanks, Bernard, for making the excellent effort and keeping us honest.
2) Section 2 (a gentle introduction) is now quite readable (for a lay person
:-).
3) I think we could also mention (in Section 2) that the same concept is
equally applicable to non-TM approaches (e.g., RDF, Dublin Core, XML
Namespaces, XLink, etc.) that incorporate URI as a means to identify and
address resources.
4) I am still having a problem with the term "published subject
documentation set" and the proposed definition.  As mentioned in the
meeting, I prefer to call it simply as "published subject documentation"
with its definition as "The complete documentation about a set of published
subject indicators and identifiers, as published by its publisher."  Adding
the extra word "set" seems to be more confusing (at least to me).

Thanks,

Scott