Subject: [tm-pubsubj] IRC meeting rules

Bernard writes:

> This is just a reminder of the date of our first IRC meeting.
> The original agenda is one point: setting London meeting.
>
> Since Peter has proposed to facilitate the meeting, it would be good
> that he post the final technical instructions here.

The meeting is on irc.openprojects.net port 6667 channel #topicmaps
at 1300 UTC (check your UTC offset at one of the many "show-me" servers,
eg http://www.k3dn.org/java/java%20clock/clock.htm)

For those without direct access to IRC, use an anonymized gateway at

      http://impressive.net/people/gerald/2000/11/irc/cgi-irc/irc.cgi

or

      http://oimelc.ucc.ie/cgi-bin/irc.cgi
      (http://www.ucc.ie/cgi-bin/irc.cgi still works but sloooow)

Currently (Tues 21st, 21:28 UTC) irc.openprojects.net seems to be
inaccessible; the DNS says it's a non-existent domain, so neither
system works (nor, indeed, will any client :-)

If this happens at the time of the meeting, give up and we'll talk
by email about how to fix another time.

Rules (simplified)

1. Behave (we don't need to specify in such a well-behaved forum :-)

2. Ask to speak by typing ! (withdraw request by typing X)

3. Chair assigns speaker by typing @@ and the speaker's name (easier
    to see than the original > character)

4. Interrupt for a point of order or information, type !!!

Alternative:

We just talk when we want to, like an ordinary IRC channel :-)
Actually, provided you prefix each line with the name of the
user you're addressing it to, or ALL:, it works OK.

This is experimental: I suggest we try both.

///Peter