Subject: Constructing PSI's

Greetings,

As part of the OSIS (Open Scriptural Information Standard) project, I
have been asked to work up some demonstration PSIs for a meeting next
week in Dallas, Texas.

There was some discussion in London about not using the "/#apple" syntax
seen in the Gentle Introduction if one has a separate (obviously small)
page each PSI.

Example from the Gentle Introduction:

<topic id="apple">
  <subjectIdentity>
    <subjectIndicatorRef
      xlink:href="http://psi.fruits.org/#apple"/>
  </subjectIdentity>
  <!-- names and occurrences -->
</topic>

Some subjects, such as the one of the 11 individuals named "Joseph" in the Bible, may be easier to manage as separate files.

What I am suggesting is something along the lines of:

<topic id="joseph_gen.37">
  <subjectIdentity>
    <subjectIndicatorRef
      xlink:href="http://psi.sbl-site.org/joseph_gen.37.html"/>
  </subjectIdentity>
  <!-- names and occurrences -->
</topic>

BTW, the reason for appending the Bible reference is that most users of
the PSIs will recognize the reference as one to the Joseph novella in
Genesis. Thinking about making  that a common practice with Bible PSIs.
Probably should consistently use the underscore between the name and the
reference.

Probably will use a different struture for locating the PSI files, to
allow the SBL to have a separate section that may have further
subdivisions, and to permit other publishers to locate their PSIs for
Bible related material at the site.

Comments, suggestions?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick