Subject: RE: reference needed (URIs and what they refer to)

Dan

Thanks for the link. To complete my previous post, I would add that your
original diagram at
http://www.w3.org/2003/02/06-tag-summary#httpRange-14
is exactly isomorph to the schema PSI specification propose. Just a
question of matching vocabularies.

In your diagram:

URI ---> identifies ---> Resource
Resource ---> is represented by ---> "bag of bytes + media type"

Matches the following schema in PSI terminology. Remember "Subject" is the
Topic Map term for RDF "Resource".

Subject Identifier (URI) ---> identifies ---> Subject
Subject ---> is indicated by ---> Subject Indicator

I guess "indication" and "representation" are the same here. It is for
human consumption, to figure what the Subject-Resource *is" ... Maybe PSIs
prose would be more understandable in RDF land if translated in the term of
the TAG diagram, like the  following

Subject :: Resource
Subject Identifier :: Resource Identifier
Subject Indicator :: Resource Representation

With that vocabulary we could rewrite all our specification and see how it
flies. Since Identifier and Representation have different initial, we would
get rid of acronym ambiguity with PRI and PRR ...

Bernard