Subject: RE: No Chair!

Patrick, Mary, and all

First let me apologize for not having answered before. I've been mostly
off-line for the past three weeks, and before that, had to clear up a bunch
of tasks, among with PubSubj appeared as only simply urgent, not very
urgent :(

I had several times during past months expressed my position about the TC
status and perspectives. Mondeca has not renewed its OASIS membership,
which was due at the beginning of July, for various reasons. I was sort of
waiting for new elements to occur during the summer, but in fact nothing
really happened, and my membership simply died out, which explains why I do
not appear any more in the TC listings, and why the TC appears as currently
having no chair. Actually, the question of my resignation is a non-issue,
since I've been automatically impeached, sort of.

For some reasons, I'm still subscribed to the tm-pubsubj list, also I think
I should not under OASIS rules. But there are subtle differences between
OASIS rules and Kavi actual behaviour that I have renounced to understand.

Should I want to reintegrate the TC now, I would have to register as OASIS
individual member, reapply for TC participation, be accepted as a
prospective member for three months ... all that by the new chair, of
course.

Clearly if a new chair is not appointed ASAP, the TC is bound to disappear.
But as Mary and others had pointed out, we have to be honest and admit that
our work has not gained sufficient support from companies nor enough
critical mass.

What I consider the best way now, from a personal viewpoint, is to wrap up
the work we've done as is, and bring it as an input to what is currently
ongoing in the W3C Semantic Web activity on similar issues. There is no
task force enough on this issue among to keep on tracking under different
banners basically the same objective - semantic interoperability.

Best regards to all

Bernard

Bernard Vatant
Senior Consultant