Subject: RE: [tm-pubsubj] Interim Chair

Mary wrote:

| Hi everyone,  Patrick Durusau been voted as Interim Chair by 71% of
| committee members. Please vote for the second ballot by Oct 25. Thank
| you.  Cheers, Mary

Congratulations, Patrick. (Best man for the job, I say ;-)

I have voted already. I put in a comment which didn't seem
to be visible afterwards. Anyway, the gist of it is that I
think we should merge GeoLang and XMLvoc into PubSubj,
concentrate our efforts, and not let this important work
get abandoned.

As far as I am concerned, working only within the W3C on
this issue is *not* a good idea - because I don't think they
are ever going to get their act together. Of course, it is
great that Bernard is pushing the arguments in that forum,
but that's not the same thing.

Ontopia is trying to put together a proposal for an EU
project that, if successful, would give us the funding we
need to really get PubSubj back on track. Given that, I
am loath to disband the TC at this stage.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper <pepper@ontopia.net>
Chief Executive Officer, Ontopia