Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] Interim Chair

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> Lars,
>
> Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
> > * Steve Pepper
> > |
> > | Anyway, the gist of it is that I think we should merge GeoLang and
> > | XMLvoc into PubSubj, concentrate our efforts, and not let this
> > | important work get abandoned.
> >
> > Patrick has pointed out that a TC can't really change its charter once
> > started, so I don't think that's possible. I don't think it really
> > makes much difference to our workload whether we have one TC or three,
> > so I don't think this is much of problem.
> >
>  From a more pragmatic standpoint, it may be easier to attract people
> to GeoLang (here I am thinking about the Ethnologue folks) for example,
> if they see a clearly defined bit of work that is relevant to their
> concerns. Doubt the Ethnologue group would be interested in XMLVoc
> issues for instance.
>
> I agree with Lars that I don't think it will make much difference in
> terms of workload.

Technical workload, perhaps...  But there's administrative workload
that would be triple (or more, with liaisons) when you have three
TCs.  Although the OASIS process is more lightweight than most in
terms of administrative burden, running a TC "by the book" is still
not trivial.  As disinterested party (speaking as an individual) I'd
encourage setting up one TC with SCs (as needed).  SCs can operate
in relative freedom vis-a-vis requirements placed upon TCs.
</opinion>

-rcc