Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] Interim Chair

On 12 Oct 2003, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> Hi Robin,
>
> * Robin Cover
> |
> | Technical workload, perhaps...  But there's administrative workload
> | that would be triple (or more, with liaisons) when you have three
> | TCs.
>
> That is of course true, and having both been chairs Patrick and I are
> well aware of that, but I still think that the workload of a chair is
> not necessarily all that heavy.
>
> In any case, it looks as though we have little choice, since we can't
> change our charter...

Right.  To clarify: I was not making any recommendation about what the
group should or should not do.  I meant only to comment on the
non-trivial admin overhead for a TC, which could be minimized if the
community thought it would work to roll all the effort into one
TC chartered to cover the related technical activities.  I was under
the impression that re-chartering (at least) one new TC was inevitable,
but may have been mistaken on this point.

Best wishes,

-r