Subject: RE: [tm-pubsubj] teleconferences, Committee Plans, etc.

* Mary:

| The only way to retire the current committees, combine the 3 and make a
| new committee.  I have explained this in previous mails. I would like to
| hear why Steve wants  to do this. We then send out a call for
| participation and get new members.

1. Fresh start, clean slate, new chair, all that.
2. Less admin with just one committee (especially given the degree
   of overlap we had in membership).
3. Opportunity to change the name and become less Topic Maps-centric.
   Suggest calling it "OASIS Published Subjects TC" and going after
   representation from the RDF community.

As to your question earlier, Mary, about support for concalls: If we
get the project, I promise to throw the whole weight of Ontopia behind
the new TC's work... Only don't hold your breath: There is going to be
*lot* of competition in this call (IST 6th Framework, 2nd Call). If
anyone has good contacts among submission reviews, put in a good word
for a project called OpenPSI!

Steve

--
Steve Pepper <pepper@ontopia.net>