Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] human-readable?

* Patrick Durusau

| Is there a general sense of the group that "human-readable" =
| displayed to the user?

That's certainly how I understand it. If following the URI in your web
browser leads to something that is rendered sensibly, whether in the
browser or in an external application, then I'd say it's human-readable.

| I don't have a problem with that being the case but I assumed
| "human-readable" would include anything that could be read by a human,
| in the same sense that XML is "human-readable" well, sorta. Taking
| "human-readable" at its most literal sense.

I think raw XML markup is pushing it too far, but this is a
recommendation.  People can do that if they want, but I think they
should then be prepared to see users prefer a more readable subject
indicator over their own.