Subject: European Parliament decision on Unique Identifiers

At the horribly structured (and vendor-determined) URL:

http://www1.europarl.eu.int/forum/interop/dispatch.cgi/iro_discus/docProfile/100050/d20040126191037/No/eu.ep.doc.irmc.r.2003.0003_v2-1_EN.doc

you can find the most recent representation of the document object,
[PSI://EU.EP:DOC:IRMC.R.2003.0003]"Decision on Unique Identifiers"

Although the syntax and classification schemes are not finalised, this "PSID" gives an idea of what we might be heading for...

I'll look in coming days for any other references that underline our thinking to date...

Peter