Subject: Semantic Web Best Practices and Deployment

Hello

The W3C is launching, in the framework of Semantic Web Activity, the
"Semantic Web Best Practices and Deployment Working Group" (SWBPD)

The charter can be seen at http://www.w3.org/2003/12/swa/swbpd-charter

Quote :

"Focus: Supporting initiatives for publishing ontologies / vocabularies

In various domains large ontologies, including vocabularies and thesauri,
have been constructed. Typically, these corpora are the result of many
years of collaborative effort in a community. Such corpora form
indispensable resources for Semantic Web applications. One prime objective
of the SWBPD Working Group is to help make these resources publicly
available for application developers."

This includes Topic Maps and singularly Published Subjects efforts, quoted
later on in the document.

I am registered as a participating member of this WG, and the kick-off
meeting is next week (4-5 March) in Cannes, so if you have comments or
suggestions, please feel free to push them to me. This is so far an
informal liaison, that I hope could evolve in more formal collaboration
between OASIS/ISO WGs and this new W3C WG.

Regards

Bernard

Bernard Vatant
Senior Consultant