Subject: Contradicting a PSI

Greetings!

The phrase "contradicting a PSI" was used several times today in our
conference call and I wanted to make sure I was understanding it (as
intended).

 From what I gathered from the discussion, to "contradict" a PSI means
to use it for a subject(mySubject) that is different (however great or
small the difference) from the PSI subject?

When I hear "contradict," I take it in the sense of denial, "the earth
is flat," which I would "contradict" in the sense of denying the truth
of that statement.

What I take to be the meaning of "contradict a PSI" is that I have
identified a subject using that PSI, that is in fact not the subject
(however close or far apart) of the PSI.

I suppose that is contradiction if you say it that way but it is not
what automatically comes to mind.

More a case of mis-identification if I have one subject and choose a PSI
that represents another subject to represent the subject I am talking
about?

Not a big issue but one where I think we need to be careful in
explaining how we are using the term "contradiction."

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau