Subject: Proposal to change name of TC

I would like to propose that we change the name of this TC
to "Published Subjects TC" in order to emphasise that our
mission is by no means limited to Topic Maps.

The current name, "Topic Maps Published Subjects TC", is
likely to be off-putting to people in the Semantic Web
community, and to those at OASIS involved in defining
XML vocabularies, such as UBL.

The concept of Published Subjects has nothing to do with
Topic Maps per se (although the ideas were first developed
in that community). It is time to broaden our reach and
to try and attract new blood. Removing the Topic Maps
bias in the name would be one place to start.

Regards,

Steve

--
Steve Pepper <pepper@ontopia.net>