Subject: RE: [tm-pubsubj] Blurb for Nocturne

* Patrick

| Suggest the following as a starting point (I am not wedded to any of this):
|
| **********
| Published Subjects Nocturne!
|
| Published subjects for practitioners of RDF, Semantic Web, Topic Maps,
| Business Vocabularies! The OASIS Published Subjects TC is holding a
| nocturne, Monday, November 15th, 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM, Taft Room in the
| Marriott Wardman Park Hotel.
|
| The Published Subjects TC is ramping up to complete work already
| underway and to take on new projects relevant to your subject area.
| Sorry, no free drinks but lots of discussion and planning of new
| activities for the Published Subjects TC.
| **********

Fine so far (except maybe "Published Subjects for..." rather than
"Published subjects for..."?).

| Suggestions/Comments?

What about a final paragraph stating briefly what Published Subjects
is, with a reference to the Introduction and Basic Requirements?

**********
Published Subjects is an open, distributed mechanism for defining
unique global identifiers. Based on URIs, the Published Subjects
mechanism has two unique characteristics: It works from the bottom
up, and it works for humans AND computers. For more information see
Published Subjects: Introduction and Basic Requirements
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3050/pubsubj-pt1-1.02-cs.pdf.

If we are going to assign a PSI to the nocturne (which may or may
not be a good gimmick), please make sure that we follow our own
recommendations when doing so :-) Remember also that we do have
access to psi.oasis-open.org: Perhaps that's where this should go?
E.g. http://psi.oasis-open.org/pubsubj/20041115-nocturne.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper <pepper@ontopia.net>