Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] Blurb for Nocturne

Steve,

Comments below:

Steve Pepper wrote:
> * Patrick
>
> | Suggest the following as a starting point (I am not wedded to any of this):
> |
> | **********
> | Published Subjects Nocturne!
> |
> | Published subjects for practitioners of RDF, Semantic Web, Topic Maps,
> | Business Vocabularies! The OASIS Published Subjects TC is holding a
> | nocturne, Monday, November 15th, 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM, Taft Room in the
> | Marriott Wardman Park Hotel.
> |
> | The Published Subjects TC is ramping up to complete work already
> | underway and to take on new projects relevant to your subject area.
> | Sorry, no free drinks but lots of discussion and planning of new
> | activities for the Published Subjects TC.
> | **********
>
> Fine so far (except maybe "Published Subjects for..." rather than
> "Published subjects for..."?).

Sorry, a little too telegraphic. ;-)

Do you mean I should omit RDF, Semantic Web, etc. and just leave it open
ended? Or keep the present prose and insert: "Business Vocabularies, and
....!"

> | Suggestions/Comments?
>
> What about a final paragraph stating briefly what Published Subjects
> is, with a reference to the Introduction and Basic Requirements?
>
> **********
> Published Subjects is an open, distributed mechanism for defining
> unique global identifiers. Based on URIs, the Published Subjects
> mechanism has two unique characteristics: It works from the bottom
> up, and it works for humans AND computers. For more information see
> Published Subjects: Introduction and Basic Requirements
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3050/pubsubj-pt1-1.02-cs.pdf.
> **********

Sure, sounds good to me.

Lars, does Steve's paragraph cover your concern?

Steve, if you have the time, can you amend the opening sentence and
paste in your last paragraph and post as clean text?

Assuming everyone is happy with that version, we can all start
volunteering, on list so we can avoid too much cross posting, for
posting to various lists.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--