Subject: Re: Charter

[Sam Hunting:]
> The other way would be for the person who called for the vote to do the
> gathering. I prefer to have a Chair do this. Heck, give them something
> to do ;-)

Oops, I lied.  My reading of the draft charter is that it already says
that everybody sends all their votes to everybody, and that the vote
caller does the vote-counting.  Here's what it says:

    Formal calls for a vote ... may be made by electronic mail, or by
    voice on telephone or at a face-to-face meeting. Participating
    Members shall acknowledge receiving the call for a vote within two
    business days of its transmission by making or sending a statement
    of receipt to all of the Participating Members, and shall follow
    such acknowledgment within six business days by transmitting the
    vote to all of the Participating Members.  The Participating
    Member issuing the call for a vote shall then summarize the votes
    and announce the results to all of the Participating Members.

> Then is it the the case that content PMs must be immediately recruited
> (by whom) to redress the balance? I think this is a strong selling
> point for my company, the balance of PMs, and so I want to preserve it.

> The alternative would be to poll the founders to see what the balance
> is now. Perhaps this is a non-issue.

Right now, it doesn't make any difference.  It makes a difference as
soon as both of the following things have happened: (1) we have
adopted our charter, and (2) we have somebody who wants to become a
Participating Member.

-Steve

--
Steven R. Newcomb, President, TechnoTeacher, Inc.
srn@techno.com  http://www.techno.com  ftp.techno.com

voice: +1 972 517 7954
fax    +1 972 517 4571

Suite 211