Subject: [xtm-wg] Europe vs. USA

At the first meeting, there were two persons from France and one from
England.

For information, it is either cheaper or equivalent in terms of price to fly
from France
to the US than to another country of Europe. I don't know what the situation
is for other
countries, but I suppose similar situations apply. Therefore, I do not
consider than
having a meeting in the US constitutes a disadvantage for someone who
resides in Europe.

In terms of time, it is usually a good idea, whenever possible, to organize
meetings
in a place where direct connections to major hubs are possible.  Those of us
who travel,
usually travel a lot, and it's convenient to minimize the time spent in
changing planes.
For example, it was great to have an XML conference in Granada last year,
but extremely
difficult to get there.

In San Jose, we have agreed to limit the face-to-face meetings at 4 per
year, this is the reason
why there has been no meeting planned before the one in Paris in June. Next
one should be in Montreal in August, coupled with the "Extreme Markup
Conference", and I suppose we're going to plan the next one coupled with XML
2000 in Washington. Washington and Montreal are both cities that are
accessible from many hubs in Europe.

Michel
Michel Biezunski, Infoloom
1 boulevard du Temple, 75003 Paris, France
Tel +33 1 44 59 84 29 Cell +33 6 03 99 25 29
Fax +33 1 47 50 90 33 Email: mb@infoloom.com
Web: www.infoloom.com