Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Re: Portal Markup Language and Topic Map Template

[ sam hunting writes]

[scott tsao writes:]
> It seems to me that the explicit agreements will be based on a common
> registry/repository facility [...] the common registry/repository
> will be used for all kinds of metadata (in the generic sense),
> including XML Namespace, DTD, XML Schema, RDF, Topic Maps,
> Architecture Forms, etc.

These are syntaxes ABOUT WHICH contractual agreements will be made -- I
give you content validated with XML DTDs, you return data expressed as
RDF -- but they are not necessarily the syntaxes IN WHICH the
contractual agreements will be expressed. For that purpose, I believe
that topic maps are ideal.

S.

=====
<? "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
    -- Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations ?>

http://im.yahoo.com/