Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Re: [ANN:] TM4J 0.1 - A TopicMap Processor in Java

> * Kal Ahmed
> |
> | For those interested (& brave enough ;-), I have released TM4J, a
> | Java implementation of a TopicMap processor.
>
> This is great news! If there is something topic maps need it is
> certainly more software. I just looked at the javadoc and thought the
> interfaces and general approach looked reasonable.

That might be because I 'appropriated' most of the tmproc interfaces :-)

> I've added TM4J to my XML tools site, so you can now get a sample
> topic map for TM4J in which TM4J is one of the topics. :-)

Excellent! I've got a couple of pieces of 'work-in-progress' to generate
some large topic maps...obviously I'll let you all know as and when they get
completed.

> What plans do you have for further development of TM4J? Do you plan to
> go on to build more tools on top of it? If so, what kinds, and when?

I want to build some more command-line tools. I was thinking of:
	A 'stats' command (count topics, assocs etc)
	A scope 'filter'
	Some visualisation tools

Any other suggestions ?

> Any other plans?

Check http://www.techquila.com/todo.htm for a list and let me know if there
are other useful things I can be doing with it.

Cheers,

Kal