Subject: [xtm-wg] TMs vs. RDF? (was RE: More Formal Semantics in Topic Maps: OIL, FaCT, RDF ... )

Alexander Sigel wrote:

> 2. TMs vs. RDF?
> ---------------
> i am not satisfied with the explanations i could find about
the relationship
> between TMs and RDF (or other schema languages or e.g. Schematron)
and
> hope we will see some clarification there. if RDF is more general,
i.e.
> TMs which allow scopes could be implemented in RDF: how would
implementations
> in other schema languages be different?
> this still leaves the issue of interoperability with people using
RDF
> to express their ontology brokering approach on the web and should
not
> be neglected because it hinders the full acceptance of TMs.

I understand that Eric Miller recently gave an excellent presentation
on "RDF Topicmaps"
(http://purl.org/net/eric/talks/emiller-w9dd-20000519/) at the WWW9
conference in Amsterdam.  Would this be an example of implementing
TMs in RDF?

Scott Tsao

Wrox Wireless Developer Conference, Amsterdam, July 10-12. Choose from
40+ technical sessions covering application of WAP, XML, ASP, Java and
C++ to mobile computing. Get your ticket to the future today!