Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Re: Next XTM WG Meeting(s)

I can meet with XTMers in Montreal, whether the meeting is official F2F or
unofficial technical rap session.

I am not free to disrupt the schedule my company expects me to work towards,
I am part of a team, to travel around the world or US at times to places
which pop up in my email from time to time.

a posted schedule of times and places for official meetings will help all of
us plan our XTM lives. and convince management that we should attend them.
(on their coin)

(I would have loved to have been at "Paris" but I was changing companies in
that period and it didnt happen.)

David Dodds
Lexica LLC

-----Original Message-----
From: Murray Altheim [mailto:altheim@eng.sun.com]
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2000 12:38 PM
To: xtm-wg@egroups.com

Jack Park wrote:

> If such a meeting were "official," then I could be there as well.
> Steve N., however has made a strong case why this can't happen.

And while I understand some of our member's desires to hold a meeting
in Montreal (which I fully understood when they were stated in Paris),
if this meeting were not an official XTM meeting and many of us were
*not* there (including perhaps the chairs), I think it inappropriate
(and unfair) for some unofficial group to be conducting face-to-face
XTM work in absence of an official quorum where we can all take part.
This would not promote the continuing feeling of this being a team
effort, which I think we all recognize as an extremely important part
of this activity.

I would prefer to wait until the chairs have determined a time and
place for a meeting that is reasonable for all of us to attend.

[...]

Murray

Murray Altheim                            <mailto:altheim&#x40;eng.sun.com>
XML Technology Center
Sun Microsystems, Inc., MS MPK17-102, 1601 Willow Rd., Menlo Park, CA 94025

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu

Replace complicated scripts using 14 new HTML tags that work in
current browsers.
Form the Web today - visit:

Create professional forms and interactive web pages in less time
with Mozquito(tm) technology.
Form the Web today - visit: